With the growing need for the internet, people nowadays can’t handle any delayed network issues. But the record says that performing Netgear Orbi setup has never disappointed people. So, if you are also tired of delayed network issues, then consider configuring an Orbi router in your home.
Worry not! Setting up a Netgear Orbi router isn’t rocket science. However, to make the installation process easier for you, we have mentioned step-by-step guidelines in this post. Walk through them and learn how to perform Netgear Orbi setup with ease.
What Do You Need?
Before starting the process of installing a Netgear Orbi router, make sure that you have the following things:
- An Ethernet cable
- A Netgear Orbi satellite
- A smartphone or computer
- The default Orbi login credentials
Netgear Orbi Setup Via Manual Method
The first and the most common way through which people prefer configuring an Orbi router is using the Manual method. Why don’t you try it too?
Here are the instructions that will help you set up an Orbi router manually:
- Unbox your Netgear Orbi router and plug it into a wall outlet.
- Press the Power button.
- Connect the Netgear Orbi router and the existing modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Plug your Netgear Orbi satellite into a wall socket.
- Press the Sync button on your Orbi satellite. Do the same on the Orbi router.
- Wait for the Netgear Orbi devices to get synced.
- Turn on your computer.
- Open a web browser on your system.
- In the address bar of the web browser, type orbilogin.net, and press Enter.
- The Netgear Orbi login page will come into view.
- Fill in the default login credentials and click Log In.
- Follow the on-screen prompts displayed on the Netgear Orbi device.
By following these instructions, you’ll be able to perform Netgear Orbi setup using the Manual method.
Netgear Orbi Setup Using Orbi App
Another way through which you can configure a Netgear Orbi router is using the Orbi application.
Follow the guidelines outlined below and learn how to set up an Orbi using the Orbi app:
- Unlock your smartphone and download the Netgear Orbi application.
- Create a Netgear account using your username, email address, and password.
- Log in to your Orbi router using the default orbi login details.
- On the BASIC Home screen, you’ll find a set of instructions.
- Follow those instructions to complete setting up your device.
In this manner, you’ll be able to set up a Netgear Orbi device using the Orbi application.
Although performing Netgear Orbi setup isn’t that difficult, however, many users face issues during the process. If you are amongst them, then follow the troubleshooting tips mentioned below.
Troubleshooting Netgear Orbi Setup Issues
- If you are doubtful about the default username and password of your Orbi device even a bit, better get in touch with our technical experts.
- Make sure that your Netgear Orbi router and satellite are receiving a fluctuation-free power supply from their wall sockets.
- The Ethernet cable connecting your Orbi router and the existing modem is not worn out or damaged from anywhere.
- Use only an updated internet browser to log in to your Netgear Orbi router.
- If orbilogin.net is not working for you, consider making use of the default IP address.
- Avoid performing any background activities while the Netgear Orbi application is getting installed.
Hopefully, these troubleshooting tips will help you fix whatever issues you were facing during the process of Netgear Orbi setup.
The Bottom Line
With the help of the aforementioned steps, performing Netgear Orbi setup becomes a piece of cake for you. However, if you are still struggling with setup issues, then don’t hesitate to reach out to our technical experts.