Are you confused why you’re facing Netgear Orbi connection issues? Well, don’t be, because the list of the reasons why these issues are troubling you is quite long. So, rather than trying to figure out why your Orbi device is being a troublemaker, let’s straight away get to the troubleshooting tips. By the time you’re done applying the troubleshooting tips mentioned here, whatever connection issue that you are facing with your Orbi will go far away. So, without waiting any further, scroll down, and get down to it.
Fixed: Netgear Orbi Connection Issues
Power Cycle the Netgear Orbi Device
Whatever the reason why you’re facing Netgear Orbi connection issues, power cycling your device is the easiest way to troubleshoot the issue. Mentioned below are the instructions that you need to follow in order to restart your WiFi device:
- Power off your Netgear Orbi device.
- Pull the power cable out of the Orbi.
- Disconnect all the devices connected to the Orbi.
- Count to 10. In other words, wait patiently.
- Then, plug your device back into the wall socket.
- Press the Power button on.
Switch to Another Connection Mode
Did you use a WiFi source to create a connection between your Netgear Orbi router and modem? Well, looks like you just found a reason why you’re facing Orbi connection issues. But, don’t worry, switching to another connection mode might be of some to you in this case.
Rather than using a WiFi source to connect your router and modem, it is recommended that you use a cable. Using an Ethernet cable to connect both WiFi devices is a much reliable source.
Network Adapter Should Be Enabled
Another reason why you are facing the Orbi connection issues might be because the network adapter if disabled. To troubleshoot this issue, check whether your network adapter is enabled or not. Here are the step-by-step guidelines that you need to follow:
- Press the Windows button on your keyboard.
- Select the Run option.
- Input ncpa.cpl in the Run window and press the Enter key.
- A new window namely Network Connections will appear.
- Is the network adapter disabled? If the answer is yes, then go to the Context menu.
- Click on the Enable option.
Update the Firmware of Orbi Router
Updating the firmware of your Netgear Orbi device is another way through which you can get rid of all the connection issues. Follow the points outlined below and know how to update the firmware of your WiFi device:
- Power on your computer and open a web browser.
- Then, perform orbilogin and go to the Settings option.
- Click on Administration > Firmware Update.
- Wait for a couple of minutes for the firmware to get updated.
And you’re done! With that, you’ve successfully updated the firmware of your Netgear Orbi device.
Perform Factory Default Reset
Although updating your WiFi device would’ve helped you in getting rid of the Orbi connection issues, in case it didn’t, then it’s time that you reset your device. Wondering how to do that? Well, simply go through the steps mentioned below and know how:
- First of all, find a small paper clip.
- Then, locate the Reset button on your device.
- Once found, insert the paper clip into the small hole.
- Wait patiently for a few minutes and let the changes get executed.
Note: You can reset your device by logging into your device via orbilogin.net. Go to Settings > Administration > Back Up Settings > Restore to factory default settings, and you are done!
Hopefully, restoring your Netgear WiFi device to its factory default settings would’ve resolved the issue.