Netgear Orbi series is well known for its ultimate wireless coverage and performance. It blankets your premise with smoothing wireless coverage from extreme right to extreme left. But prior to getting leverage of these features, first you need to successfully set up your device. Netgear Orbi Login is your first step for the Orbi setup. In this post, we will guide you with how to successfully log in to your orbi router and configure it without any error.
Mostly, Netgear Orbi login issues arise when you do not follow the login steps in the correct sequence. For reference, the right sequence of Orbi login steps is given below.
Note: For better understanding, we have divided the login process into two steps – Step A and Step B. It is imperative to execute the steps in the exact sequence as stated here.
Step A: Prepare for Netgear Orbi login
- Unplug the modem from the power source.
- Connect the Orbi router to the modem using the Ethernet cable.
- Plug the power cable to the modem and turn on the router.
- Wait till the power LED turns green.
- If the power LED doesn’t lit, press the power button of the router.
- Thereafter plug the Orbi satellite to the power supply.
- Wait till the light ring on the satellite turns blue.
- If the light ring doesn’t turn blue, move the satellite closer to the router.
- Now connect a computer or laptop with your Orbi router.
- You can connect the computer either using the Ethernet cable or wireless functionality.
- For a wireless connection, connect the computer to the router’s WiFi.
- You may need the wireless password, it is located on the router’s label.
Step B: Login to Orbi login address
- Once you’re connected with the router either wired or via wireless, open a web browser.
- Go to the Orbi login address – www.orbilogin.net or www.orbilogin.com.
- Type the Orbin admin password in the promoted box followed by the username.
- Click on login and now you will be at the Orbi Setup page.
- Select new setup and execute the on-screen instructions.
- You can also use Netgear Orbi application to set up your Orbi units.
Still unable to login to your Orbi?
Generally using the correct sequence of the login steps resolves most of the login issues. However, if you’re still unable to login, then its time to implement some troubleshooting steps:
- Ensure that your computer or laptop is well connected to the Orbi’s network.
- Apart from Orbi’s network, the computer must also have Internet connectivity.
- If you’re connected via the wireless connection, try connecting to the router using the Ethernet cable.
- Connect one side of the Ethernet cable to the Orbi router and another end to the computer.
- Make sure ports on both the devices are functional and cable is tightly connected.
- Another tip is to use a different web browser.
- Also clear the cache and cookies of the browser prior to going to the Orbi login address.
- Make sure you are using the correct username and password for Orbi admin login.
- The default password is mentioned in the user manual of your device.
Still facing Setup Issues – Reset Orbi
When you reset Orbi, it wipes out all the previously made settings such as username, password, and SSID. To reset orbi router, you have to use a paper clip or pin. Power up your router by pressing the power button. Locate the reset hole on the bottom or back of the device. Use the paper clip or pin to press the reset button for 20 seconds. When LED will show amber light, the router will be reset to factory defaults. The same process is applicable for the Orbi satellite reset.
For any further needed assistance for troubleshooting Orbi login or setup issues, contact our experts.