Orbi WiFi mesh system is definitely a masterpiece in wireless network devices. Build with cutting end latest technology, it offers unrivaled performance and full network coverage. A Netgear Orbi system provides a single network connection throughout your home and gives you an ultimate whole-home WiFi experience. This means unlike range extenders, here you connect your devices to a single network name. It simply handles all your wireless devices such that you can do online activity, play online games, and whatnot without worrying much about a faulty internet connection. This guide is all about how you can begin accessing your Orbi network by setting it up with an already in-place cable router using Orbi WPS button. Simply put, we are trying to connect the Netgear Orbi to the cable router’s network. Without any further delay, here we go.
Connecting Orbi to Cable Router via Orbi WPS Button
To connect your Netgear Orbi to the cable router, you need to follow the below-given guidelines carefully:
- Begin by powering up the Netgear Orbi router. Plug in the power adapter into an active power socket. Make sure that the power socket is damage-free and ensure a non-fluctuating power supply to the device.
- Wait till the LEDs get stable. Move to the next step only when the LEDs are settled.
- Now, power up the cable router as well.
- Once both devices are booted up properly, move to the next step.
- Locate the WPS button on the Orbi router and push it. In most of the Orbi routers, the Sync button is the same as the WPS button.
- Similarly, push the WPS button on the cable router.
Congratulations! You have connected your Orbi router to the cable router using the Orbi WPS button. Once you are done with this, use the Orbi app and do Orbi login and manage your Orbi and the connecting devices easily using the app. At any point, if you get stuck while following the steps, get in touch with our highly expert technical team.
If you cannot complete the setup process using the Orbi WPS button, you can also try alternative methods to get your Orbi router connected to the cable router. There are two more ways using which you can connect your Netgear Orbi to the cable router network. Both methods are explained ahead. You can use any of these methods as per your convenience.
Netgear Orbi-Cable Router Wired Connection
In this method, you use an Ethernet cable to establish a connection between the Netgear Orbi router and the cable router. The steps are as follows:
- Connect the power adapter of the Netgear Orbi to the power socket and turn the power switch on. The LEDs will begin flickering on the device and soon should get settled.
- Power up the cable router as well by connecting it into a working wall socket.
- Now fetch an Ethernet cable and insert one of its ends into the Orbi router and the other end into the cable router. Make sure that the Ethernet cable is damage-free. Also, ensure making a finger-tight connection between the devices.
That’s it! Your Netgear Orbi is now connected to the cable router using an Ethernet cable. Let us proceed to the next method to get the WiFi devices connected.
Netgear Orbi-Cable Router Wireless Connection
Here we discuss about connecting the devices wirelessly. The steps are as follows:
- Ensuring a stable power supply, power up both the Netgear Orbi router and the cable router by connecting to the power socket.
- Now, establish a wireless connection between the devices using a computer.
- Access the WiFi using the cable router’s network name and enter its password.
There you go! You have successfully connected your Netgear Orbi to the cable router wirelessly.
This is all about how you can connect your Netgear Orbi router to the cable router using the Orbi WPS button. You also learned about other ways of connecting both devices i.e. by using a wired connection and a wireless connection.
Need More Support?
The above-mentioned steps should help you to connect your Orbi router to the cable router using the Orbi WPS button, however, if you face any trouble connecting the devices using the above-mentioned methods, then know that our expert team is always available to help you out.