Struggling with Netgear Orbi purple light? Seeing magenta LED error on Orbi? If you answer these queries in a big yes, then you need to fix the issue as soon as possible. Using the troubleshooting tips given in this post, you can easily get rid of the purple light issue on Orbi router. Let’s begin.
Why am I Getting Blinking Purple Light on Orbi?
Before we guide you through the troubleshooting tips, let’s first help you find reasons causing the magenta LED on Orbi:
- Issues with your internet connection
- Longer hours of inactivity or idle WiFi network may also lead you to the purple light issue on Orbi router
- The Orbi router doesn’t sync with the satellite
- You are using a damaged or worn out internet wiring or fiber cable
- The Ethernet cable is not connected to your Netgear Orbi router in a proper manner
- Your Netgear Orbi WiFi router is running a few diagnosing processes
- On the off chance if your Orbi router is not properly configured, it may flash a magenta LED
- You may see the Netgear Orbi purple light because of an internet connectivity issue from the end of your ISP
- Maybe your Netgear Orbi WiFi router has some serious defect or hardware damage
- The firmware of your Orbi device is corrupted, crashed, or obsolete.
- Viruses and malware may also infiltrate your Orbi router, resulting in the Orbi purple light or magenta LED on Orbi
- Perhaps your Orbi router incorporates some malicious files that might enter your system when you visit an unsecured website to download the firmware file
How to Fix Netgear Orbi Purple Light?
What below-given are the different troubleshooting ways to resolve the magenta LED or purple light on Orbi:
1. Reboot Your Orbi
Rebooting is the first and basic troubleshooting step to fix the Orbi purple light issue. Here’s how to reboot your Orbi WiFi router:
- Turn off the power supply for your Netgear Orbi WiFi router.
- After some time, turn on it again.
- Let the LEDs on your router get stable.
2. Check the Cables and Connectors
Another thing you can do to rectify the blinking purple light on the Orbi router is to check the cables and connectors. At times, the connector might not be attached to the Orbi properly and might be hanging loose due to which you are struggling with the Orbi purple light issue.
That’s why unplug the connector and then replug it to ensure that it is connected perfectly. However, in the event that you find the connector is damaged, replace that immediately.
In addition, examine the cable for any sorts of wear and tear or sharp bends. These bends can sometimes hamper the connectivity and your Orbi may get disconnected from the internet for a few minutes or sometimes longer. Therefore, clear out those bends for optimal stability of the network at all times.
3. Configure Your Orbi Router Properly
At times, magenta or pulsing purple light on the Orbi router occurs due to improper configuration. Therefore, visit orbilogin web page and change the settings of your Orbi WiFi router properly.
4. Update Your Orbi Router Firmware
Outdated or crashed firmware may also make your Orbi router blinking purple or magenta. To fix the issue, update your Orbi router firmware by following the steps below:
- Log in to your Orbi WiFi router.
- Go to the Firmware Update section.
- If you find any new firmware version available, update it by following the on-screen instructions.
These were our different ways to get rid of the Orbi purple light issue. However, if you are still struggling with the same issue, contact our technical experts right now.