Performing Orbi factory reset process will erase all the personalized settings such as your SSID (network name) and passphrase/password. Resetting also helps you fix Netgear orbi connection issues.
To Reset Orbi WiFi system back to factory default settings:
- You have to ensure that your Orbi device is powered on. If not, make sure that it is plugged into a power source properly.
- Use a paper clip or any thin object to insert it into the reset hole of Netgear Orbi router.
- Gently press and hold the reset button until the Power LED on your Orbi device flashes.
Note: Are you performing orbi factory reset on a wall-plug satellite? Then note this down that the ring LED will blink amber.
You have successfully reset orbi device.
I reset Orbi router successfully. How do I suppose to set it up again?
To reinstall your Netgear Orbi WiFi System after orbi factory reset:
- Launch the Orbi application from a device that is properly connected to your Orbi’s WiFi network.
- Enter the username and password.
- Click on the Sign In button.
- Now, when the dashboard displays, click on the Menu icon (top-left corner).
- Click on New Setup and after that, follow the on-screen Netgear Orbi setup instructions to reinstall your device.
Once you reset orbi to the default settings, you may need to re-setup your Netgear Orbi.
Here are the Setup Steps
Follow the steps below to set up your device after orbi factory reset:
- Firstly, unplug your main broadband modem. If your modem uses the backup battery – remove or replace it.
- After some time, plug your device back in.
- Now, connect your device to the yellow internet port on your Netgear Orbi router using an Ethernet cable.
- Plug your Orbi router into a power source. In case the Power LED on your device doesn’t light up, push the power button.
- Wait for a couple of minutes for your Orbi’s ring LED to become solid white and after that, pulse white.
- For best internet coverage, place your Orbi satellite in the middle of your house.
- Wait for approx 5 minutes for your Orbi satellite’s ring LED to become solid white, after that, pulse white, and then pulse magenta.
Note: Your Orbi’s satellite ring LED may pulse magenta for a couple of minutes while the satellite attempts to synchronize with your Netgear Orbi router.
Once the Orbi satellite LED pulses magenta, it lights one of the below-mentioned colors for 10-15 seconds and after that, turn off automatically:
- Solid Blue: The connection between your Orbi satellite and Orbi router is quite good.
- Solid Magenta: This indicates that your Orbi router and Orbi satellite cannot connect with each other. In order to make the connection good, move your devices within reach of each other.
- Solid Amber: This color LED indicates that the connection between your devices is fair. For the best connection, place your Orbi router closer to the satellite.
- If your Orbi satellite’s ring LED is still pulsing magenta after 1-2 minutes and you moved the Orbi satellite closer to your Orbi router already, then please push the Sync button on your Orbi router and after 2 minutes on your Orbi satellite as well.
- As a matter of fact, if your Netgear Orbi satellite is successfully synchronized with your Orbi router, the ring LED on your Orbi satellite pulses white, then illuminate solid blue to indicate the best connection, and then turns off automatically.
- If you are facing Netgear Orbi connection issues, then turn off your Orbi and the satellite. After 4-5 minutes, turn them on again one by one.
Now, connect your computer, laptop or mobile device to the Orbi satellite or router with a WiFi or wired connection.
- To connect your device using WiFi connection, find the preset SSID (WiFi network name) and password on the label on the Netgear Orbi router or satellite. Then, connect to that network from your WiFi-enabled computer, laptop or mobile device.
- And to connect your device using a wired connection, use an Ethernet cable.
- Visit orbilogin.net or download the Orbi application to set up your Orbi WiFi network.
- As a matter of fact, the Orbi router’s ring LED will turn off automatically once the setup is completed successfully.
If you are still facing setup issues or Netgear orbi connection issues, contact our experts for instant fixes.