If you can’t remember your Orbi password and think that you have tried every possible combination of words and numbers, unfortunately – you have to begrudgingly accept that you have to take your Orbi back to the default factory settings for making it work again.
Many WiFi lovers around the world use Orbi routers to enjoy the lag-free internet, but most users are not so technically proficient to tackle issues related to their Orbi that they have to be dependent on others even for the solution of simple problems like how to recover Orbilogin forgot password. If you don’t want to quit and land on the Orbi login page on your own, this piece of writing is the apt way to make things happen.
Here are the ways to recover the Orbi password
There are various reasons you need the password of your Orbi. Perhaps, you want to reset it or looking to add a new device to your Orbi WiFi. No matter what your reason is, we are going to help you recover your Orbi password with ease.
Before giving the Orbi password recovery process a run, make sure your Orbi is power up and receiving adequate power supply. Also, you can recover the password of your Orbi, only if you have enabled the password recovery feature at the time of Orbi WiFi Setup. If the feature was not turned active by you, then contacting our technical support executive may help you find your Orbi password. For those who enabled the password recovery option at the time of their router setup, try your hands on the steps below
- Launch a web browser on your PC and access the official site of Orbi.
- Locate the Forgot Your Password option and select it.
- You will be directed to Reset your password window, however, you need to submit the email details that you used at the time of creating the Orbi account.
- Fill all the other required fields and hit the Reset My Password option.
- An email will be sent to you by Orbi on the registered email with a link to reset password.
- Access your email and click the link given.
- Doing so will show the Change Your Password option.
- Select it and choose a new password for your Orbi.
- Confirm your password and hit the Submit button to make changes effective.
This is how to recover the Orbi password. If you still can’t recover the Orbilogin admin details, the only option you are left with is to reset Orbi to factory settings and configure it again.
Here’s how to reset Orbi
- Plugin your Orbi to a power outlet and turn the device On.
- Locate the Reset button on the device.
- Use a pin to press and release the Reset button.
Congratulations, your Orbi reset to the default settings. Now, set up the WiFi router again by accessing the orbilogin.com web address using your web browser. Make sure this time you enable the password recovery option while doing the Orbi setup.
What is Orbi Password?
If you’re concerned that what password you need to use for making your Orbi working again, then the default username and password is what you need.
To set up an Orbi, you can check the manual received with your device for having the details of default login credentials.
You can also approach technical experts if (by chance) you lost the manual or can’t find the Orbi login details.
After completing the Orbi setup, make sure to change the default credentials of your WiFi to add an additional layer of security to it. Just in case, you don’t know how to change the Orbi default login details, here’s what you need to do.
Steps to Change Your Orbi’s Network Name and Password
- Launch a web browser on your computer and access orbilogin.com web address.
- Enter the default username and password.
- Choose the Wireless option and navigate to the Name (SSID) option.
- Enter a new WiFi network name in the field.
- Next, enter a new and hard-to-crack password in the Network Key field.
- Save the settings by hitting the Apply button.
To conclude, Orbi router users should not stick with the default username and password for Orbi login as with the use of default details, hackers can easily leech your WiFi. If you change your Orbi password to something unique, you will not have to compromise the security of your WiFi. However, pen down the password on a private notepad to avoid losing it just in case you forget your Orbi password.