Having a hard time trying to sync your Netgear Orbi satellite to the router? Well, worry not! You aren’t the only one stuck with this issue. Users all across the world are sailing in the same boat. But, the good news is that our experts can help you get rid of the issue. So, continue reading
Reasons Why Orbi Satellite Not Syncing to Router
There can be several reasons that might be stopping your Orbi satellite and router from connecting. We’ve outlined some of the common ones below:
- You haven’t pressed the Sync button on one of your Orbi devices.
- The distance between the Orbi router and satellite is too much.
- The firmware of your Netgear Orbi is outdated.
- The Sync button on either of your devices is broken.
Now that you know why you’re facing the Netgear Orbi satellite not connecting to the router issue, let’s proceed to the steps to fix it.
Fixed: Netgear Orbi Satellite Not Syncing to Router
Press the Sync Button
Most of the times users can’t sync their Orbi devices is because they forget to press the Sync button. There is a possibility that you have committed the same mistake. To confirm the same, check that the Sync button on your Orbi router as well as the satellite is pressed. In case it isn’t, then rectify your mistake right now!
Reduce the Distance Between the Orbi Devices
If the distance between your devices is too much, then also you can come across the Orbi satellite not syncing to the router issue. To troubleshoot it, make sure that your Orbi router and satellite are placed in close proximity. But, not too close! Otherwise, their WiFi signals can clash at any time forcing you to face various other technical issues.
Update the Firmware of the Orbi
An outdated firmware is one of the biggest reasons why your Orbi satellite is not syncing to the WiFi router. Therefore, make sure that you update the firmware of your Orbi router to the latest version. Wondering how to do that? Well, follow the guidelines mentioned below to update your WiFi device:
- Launch an internet browser on your computer.
- Access the Orbi router login Netgear page using the default web address.
- Input the default username and password and hit Log In.
- Navigate to the Settings menu and look for the Firmware Update button.
- Once found, click on the Firmware Update option and give your Orbi device some time to get updated.
After performing Netgear firmware update, check whether the Orbi satellite not syncing to the router issue has been resolved or not. If not, then don’t stop reading.
Pro Tip: You can also use the Orbi app to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi device
Perform Factory Default Reset.
Did nothing work for you so far? Well, unfortunately, you have no other option than to reset your Netgear Orbi device to fix the issue.
Here are the instructions you need to follow to restore your Orbi to the factory default settings:
- Make sure that your Netgear Orbi is powered on.
- Next, find the Reset button located on your WiFi device.
- Once found, press it with the help of a paper clip.
- Hold the Reset button for some time, then release it.
The minute you are done performing factory default reset, check if the Orbi satellite not syncing to the router issue has been fixed.
The Bottom Line
This was all about the troubleshooting steps through which you can fix the Netgear Orbi not syncing to the router issue. On the off chance, if the issue persists, feel free to reach out to our experts at any hour of the day.