There are many router brands available in the market today but Orbi is the choicest option among users around the globe. The routers offered by Orbi not only provide its users seamless internet connectivity but also flaunt various in-built features. One such feature is Orbi Bridge Mode. If you have not yet heard about the same, then let’s jump on the bandwagon and make you get acquainted with the whole nine yards of the Orbi Bridge Mode feature. Here we go:
What is Bridge Mode?
Bridge mode is the setting that turns off the modem’s NAT capability and enables a router to serve as a DHCP server without encountering an IP address conflict.
Since programs like VPN, P2P, and remote management require a public IP Address on the router WAN port for a successful connection, the modem must be bridged before connecting to a router.
What is Orbi Bridge Mode?
To expand the connectivity of your WiFi device, an Orbi can be used in bridge mode. However, to do this, you need to set up Orbi in Bridge Mode with a WiFi router. This will make it easier for you and your family to connect to the router. Follow the instructions below to set up your Orbi in Bridge Mode if you want to know how to do it overall:
Here’s How to Turn On Orbi Bridge Mode
Before you commence the process of enabling bridge mode on your Orbi, check if your router supports the same functionality.
- Start by getting access to the router provided by your Internet Service Provider and connect it to the Orbi with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Next, power up your Orbi by plugging its power adapter into a working wall socket.
- In a while, you will find that the LED of your Orbi has turned on.
- Before you move ahead, take hold of the router’s manual and have a note of the network name and password of your device.
- Get connected to the network of your router using the login details you have jotted down from the manual.
- Turn on your computer and launch your preferred web browser on it.
- Navigate to the address field of the browser and type the default web address of your Orbi into the same.
- If you don’t want to experience any hassle while executing the process, it is suggested that you make use of the updated web browser and one that is not carrying the clutter of cache and cookies.
- Netgear Orbi login page will then appear on your system’s screen. Reaching here, type the default username and password of your Orbi into the fields given.
- If after configuring your Orbi, you have made changes to the password of your device, then bear in mind to use the new details.
- Know that entering the right login details to their respective fields is a must if you want to establish a connection with your router’s switchboard.
- Hitting the Login key, you will find yourself on the dashboard of your Orbi.
- Next, navigate to the settings of your Orbi and locate the option named Orbi Bridge Mode.
- The moment you select the option, you will be prompted to enter your router’s username and PPPoE.
- Fill in the needed details and the Orbi Bridge Mode will get activated.
- You can now use the internet on any of your client devices without any hurdle.
That’s all about how to turn on Orbi Bride Mode.
Sometimes, the feature becomes a mess when it comes to installing Orbi mesh systems. In that case, you are suggested to turn it off. So, walk through the steps below and learn about turning the Orbi Bridge Mode to the off position.
How to Turn Off Orbi Bridge Mode
Turning off the Orbi bridge mode is not rocket science. The way you accessed the option to turn it on, similarly, you need to execute things for disabling the feature.
- The minute you reach the option saying Orbi Bridge Mode, turn the slider to the off position.
- Hit Apply and let the changes come into effect.
That’s how you can turn off Orbi Bridge Mode
In a Nutshell
Here ends our guide on turning the Orbi Bridge Mode on and off. If you find yourself stuck at any step while getting things done, get in touch with our technical experts for quick assistance.