Guidelines to Do Netgear Orbi Firmware Update
No matter whether you’ve just configured the Orbi mesh WiFi system or are using it for months, you should always keep an eye on its firmware. Doing Netgear Orbi firmware update provides not only one or two but myriad benefits. This guide is all about making you acquainted with the advantages and process of updating Orbi firmware. Not only this, but you’ll also learn how to resolve the Orbi firmware check error.
Upsides: Netgear Orbi Firmware Update
- Updating Orbi firmware will equip your router with advanced operational instructions avoiding the need of upgrading the hardware. You’ll be able to have an enhanced user experience while interacting with your Orbi as new features will get added to it.
- The performance of your router will get optimized after doing Netgear Orbi firmware update. You’ll notice a significant change in the execution of instructions. It means no delays during signal propagation as the decoding of the signals will happen faster than before.
- C. Another perk of updating Orbi firmware is that your device won’t demand money for bug fixes. It is because the firmware upgrade also arrives with features that automatically make your device bug-free.
- D. Security is the major concern of users owning a Netgear Orbi router despite their top-notch security features. But, doing Netgear Orbi firmware update ensures that new security features are being added to the Orbi system with each firmware update.
- E. Considering that you are now familiar with the perks of updating Orbi firmware, the next sections are ready to assist you with the process. However, we want to inform you that you can contact our support team any time you want if you want their help with the firmware update process.
Methods to Do Netgear Orbi Firmware Update
The Orbi firmware update process can be executed either with the help of the Orbi mobile application or the manual method. However, most users prefer doing it manually. The reason is, they don’t come across the Orbi firmware check error in this method as that using the Orbi app. Check out the instructions outlined below to learn the firmware update instructions manually. However, if you still prefer the Orbi app over the manual method, the upcoming sections will assist you with firmware update via the app. Don’t worry! Those instructions will help you bypass the error message.
Netgear Orbi Firmware Update via Manual Method
- For updating Orbi firmware, download the firmware file as per its model number and save it on the computer. After that, visit orbilogin.net and enter the default admin details of your Orbi router to log in to it.
- The next step is to select the Advanced option. Right after that, click Administration and then Firmware Update. You need to move to the Manual Update tab and click it. Select Browse and locate the Netgear Orbi firmware update file you’ve just downloaded. Once found, click Upload > Yes and let the firmware update process get completed.
The new firmware version will get installed on your Orbi router within some time. However, you have to be careful while uploading the file. It is because uploading the incorrect firmware file may brick your Orbi forever.
Netgear Orbi Firmware Update via Orbi App
- After ensuring that your Orbi device is powered on and is sharing a secure connection with its satellites and the host AP (modem), unlock your mobile phone. After that, launch the Orbi app.
- With the launch of the app, you will be prompted to input Orbi’s admin info. So, consider doing the same and tapping the Sign In button. Thereafter, tap the Menu icon. Select the Router Settings option followed by Settings.
- Now, scroll down and tap Check for Updates. In some cases, you will see the Update Firmware option. So, no matter which option you see, tap it and walk through the on-screen prompts.
- That’s it! Updating Orbi firmware via the Orbi app was this easy. But, what if the Orbi firmware check error welcomes you? In that case, read the next section and fix the issue on your own.
How to Fix Orbi Firmware Check Error?
- Reboot your Netgear Orbi router. It will help in getting rid of technical glitches. Thereafter, try to update the firmware. If you are still getting the same error, read the next tip.
- Sometimes, the Orbi app has not been properly launched due to which the error message welcomes the user while updating the firmware. So, re-launch the Orbi app.
- Perhaps, you haven’t updated the Orbi app since its installation. Thus, update the app and see if fixes the Orbi firmware check error.
- Uninstall the Orbi app and re-install it on your mobile phone. Sometimes, following this hack also prevent the user from coming across the error message during firmware update.
Need More Help?
That’s all about updating Orbi firmware. We hope that the success will be all yours while performing Netgear Orbi firmware update. In case you still cross paths with the Orbi firmware check error or face issues during the manual firmware update process, get in touch with our technical staff.