To ensure proper functioning of your Netgear Orbi, there is need to keep the firmware of its router and satellite up-to-date. Both Orbi satellite and router are intended to auto update their firmware. But sometimes, Orbi satellite fails to auto update its firmware, resulting in a lot of technical issues with your device.
If you are also facing the same issue, refer to our troubleshooting guide. In this post, we have covered various workarounds to fix the ‘Orbi satellite firmware update failure’ issue. Let’s get started.
Steps to Fix Orbi Satellite Fails to Auto Update Its Firmware Issue
Walk through the steps mentioned below to troubleshoot this auto firmware update problem:
Power Cycle Your Orbi Satellite
To do so, you need to:
- Turn off the power socket in which your Orbi satellite is plugged in.
- Disconnect all the wires such as network cables and power cords from your satellite.
- Wait for some time.
- After that, connect the power cords back to your Orbi.
- Turn on the power switch of your Orbi satellite.
Now, access the default Netgear Orbi Login web page and check if the satellite has started to search for auto firmware update.
Relocate Your Orbi Satellite
Place the Orbi satellite closer to the router. Also, make sure that a power outlet is nearby your satellite so that you can easily plug it in. Doing so will ensure that the satellite is getting enough WiFi signals to perform firmware update.
Check the Status of Wireless Internet Connectivity
Check your WiFi network’s speed and make sure that it is sufficient for the working of Orbi and its satellite. On the off chance that the signal strength is weak, try to reset your router.
These steps might fix the firmware auto-update issue with your Orbi satellite. But still, if the issue continues to trouble you, update the Orbi satellite firmware manually by following the steps mentioned in the next section.
How to Manually Update Firmware of Orbi Satellite?
- Visit the Download Center and search for the newest version of Orbi satellite firmware.
- Once found, download it on your computer.
- Now, go to orbilogin.com via an internet browser.
- Type the login credentials and click on “Sign in” button.
- After login, click on the Firmware Update button.
- You will see that the firmware updating process has stared.
- If the web browser asks you to re-login, enter the username and password for signing into your Orbi account.
- Afterward, upload the firmware file you have saved on your desktop.
- Wait until the firmware update process completes.
Kudos! You have successfully updated your Orbi satellite firmware.
It’s recommended you to first go through the troubleshooting steps to fix the firmware update failure issue. If the steps don’t work for you, opt for manually updating the firmware of Orbi satellite. In case you have still any issue, feel free to contact our veteran technicians. They will provide you with quick solutions to troubleshoot the issue.